True to the spirit of “better and betterer” I always find myself circling back to blog posts to improve them. I usually add 2 cents here, 2 cents there, here a cent, there a cent.. (delete words and paragraphs when I get too corny and redundantly corny)… BUT NOT TODAY! Today I am adding my edits as an appendix. I’m just taking out the link to the Victorious Me! course because we don’t run that one anymore (you snost, you lost) (heheeheee). Even in this post my comment about adding an S for “STANCE” represents something I didn’t put in the video, because it’s something I typically cover when talking about The Flash Mob Under the Hood. (Or if you have the “luck” of sitting next to me on an airplane.)
I had danced (a cha-cha) (thanks for asking) about what the E should be: Emotionality or Energy… Emotionality or Energy… I went back and forth. (Hence cha-cha.) But now I want the E to be Energy and Emotion to fall under Stance.
——–BE WHAT’s v1——–
Hey there! There’s a video I made to help people in our Victorious Me! course remember a sh*t ton of stuff we covered in a more simplified way. I am realizing that it can stand on its own. You can watch it below.
There’s a meme out there:
And everyone raises their hand to choose VICTOR. But what we have to realize is, that VICTOR is a high-level choice. It’s STRATEGIC. There’s a quote I love:
“Strategy without execution is hallucination.” – Mike Roach
We have to make sure that all of our micro-moves, thoughts, and linguistic constructs are aligned with VICTOR. It’s not all-or-nothing… You can be aligned in one area and suck a little in another. There are a lot of little things to look over and make sure they are aligned. I simplified this into “BE WHAT’s.”
- Beliefs – I call this “Uncovering the unknown, and the kind-sorta-maybe known.” Byron Katie wrote: “A belief is a thought that we’ve been attaching to, often for years.” We are really aware of some of our beliefs. Other beliefs are not on our conscious radar and we can spot these by doing some digging.
- Emotions – Thanks to the field of Positive Psychology we know we need to outshine negative emotions with positive ones… in a particular ratio (at minimum) and AUTHENTICALLY. Lucky for us, our brains are really good at focusing on what we tell it to focus on. And when we achieve the victorious ratio, guess what? Health benefits galore and better access to the more intellectual, creative, and socially connected parts of our brains! WoOOt! So you can think of E as Emotions, Emotionality, or Emotional Baseline.
- Words – What we say… are these words coming from a place of fear / scarcity / lack? Or are we using words that come from a place of love / abundance / productivity?
- Habits – We spend about 40% of our time looping through habits (without awareness)! We better bring some conscious attention to our habits. Our brains were trying to help us out by setting up these loops. Let’s make sure our habits are truly in line with what’s best for us.
- Thoughts – We can’t control our thoughts, but we can challenge them, let them pass, and maybe set the stage for some better “default” thoughts to start floating around in the ‘ol noggen.
- (Stance – emotional, cognitive, postural… I didn’t mention it in the video, but I love this word: STANCE.)
Without further a-do, here’s the video:
Check this out:
Check out Dr. Joe Dispenza’s Fan Page
According to Charles Duhigg, we spend 40% of our time in habit loops. Is anyone else thinking that maybe this is why life is literally passing us by? We are in computer-program mode for 40% of the time (habits) + who knows what other additional percents considering “memorized” behaviors, attitudes, beliefs, and perceptions.
—- BE WHAT’s v2—-
Energy. Jon Gordon writes that positive energy includes “optimism, trust, enthusiasm, love, purpose, joy, passion and spirit to live, work and perform at a higher level.” He teaches leaders how to deal with “Energy Vampires.” Dr. Joe Dispenza talks about our energy as an electromagnetic signal that we give off. I am constantly complimented on my “energy.”
“Energy” is something we exude and can sense, but it’s not tied to our senses (see, here, touch…) — at least not in an obvious way. I ground mostly all my learnings and teachings in science, so sharing this non-touchable, non-tastable quality of “Energy” honestly scared me. But that’s the beauty of it. The magic. The mystery.
Dr Wayne Dyer often spoke of low energy and high energy, and said that “people who are living in-Spirit* give off a higher energy that can bring light to our hearts and minds. In other words, we can be inspired just by being in their presence,” just like light can spread in a darkened room. (*This idea of “living in-Spirit” is not prescriptive of any one religion. He also wrote and spoke about a higher self and your EGO, aka “earth guide only,” but did tell us to call that “higher self” whatever we liked.) (I love him and highly recommend his works. But I digress…)
Interestingly, “Emotional contagions” have been researched too — Emotions can be shared across individuals (“caught”) in many different ways both implicitly or explicitly.
Energy is there. Just because I can’t go down a scientific rabbit hole to tell you the how’s and why’s, we know its there. It’s palatable in its own way. Jen Sincero calls it “high vibe.” I call it “energy.” Do you feel it? Do you pick up on this in others?
Well friends! That’s ENERGY and that’s why I didn’t add it and why I did add it. This is what my new (betterer) model looks like: