In this episode, Jes interviews Jen Polite, a New York City Psychotherapist who works with those seeking personal growth and change on their journey to manage issues around anxiety, depression and situational stress. She makes self-care fun and personalized, and offers up a worthy 14-day challenge to our listeners.
- Stop saying “that’s just the way I am.” You get to choose. The way you are is just “the way you’ve been” in the past.
- Check yourself before you wreck yourself. We all have an inner dialogue which includes cognitive distortions. Learn the most prevalent ones so that you can know how to counter them.
- Start & end your day with a self-care routine that matters to you.
- We need to be as open about mental health as we are with physical health.
- We don’t wait until we are 60 to eat right and exercise. Self-care (including mental healthcare) needs to happen now
- You know that one thing that’s been bugging you and you’ve been meaning to change? Research how to work on it, and make some moves!
Where to find Jen: