One of our favorite challenges is the Playful Ritual Challenge. Simply adopt a “playful ritual” and do it every day for 14 days! But don’t stop there. You will probably get hooked on the power of play and want to incorporate more play into your life.
CLICK THE SEND VOICEMAIL bar (at right) to send us your voice message. We would love to (maybe) make a podcast out of all of your answers. Say in the memo what you are okay with (and want us to share). Example: “Hi, this is Coach Theodore and my playful ritual is to run through my agility tunnel while listening to Country Girl Shake it for Me.” (Yes, Theodore does this.)
Here a list of what some of our Me On Purpose workshop participants came up with:
**Remember: Safety first!**
- Set your AM Alarm to play ridiculous music. (The techno remix of Teletubbies perhaps?)
- Have your Alexa tell you to do something playful… “This is a reminder to get up and yodel for three minutes.”
- Learn this dance.
- Copy Ellen… she starts her shows by dancing (sometimes up the aisles) and then tossing a mint high in the air that she tries to catch with her mouth.
- Dance with your cat.
- Sing holiday music… when it’s not in season.
- Do “Super Brain Yoga” to Justin Bieber’s Despacito
- Sing old school cartoon theme songs… loudly… out your car window… in traffic…
- Salsa dance before starting creative endeavors (e.g. meal prepping). (Nicole Tirado)
- Play with my dog! #DogEqualsHappy
- Laugh during your commute: when someone drives good, when someone doesn’t drive well, when you make a mistake (Hahaha instead of beep, beep,beep!)
- Sit-dance to the Happy song while driving (like, safely…. SAFETY 1st!)
- <<coming soon??>>